Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Virtual Races

 
I have only recently learned about the concept of virtual races, and I am in Love. What is a virtual race? Pick a distance, pay your registration fee, and run the race anywhere. Some races have a website or Facebook page that require you to post a picture of your time and distance. Other races, follow the honor system. Unlike most of the "real" races that I have raced or researched;  you receive a Finisher's Medal, not a t-shirt.

Although, I am training for a Half Marathon in April; I don't have a lot of time for running in races. My weekends are filled with whatever sport is in season and livestock shows. On the rare occasion, that we have a weekend free, we like to stay home. All of my training runs are during the week. Virtual races allow me to run races during the week, get some really awesome bling and help different charities.
 
 
Tackle the Miles 5K 2/4/2013 47:35
 
Listen to ME, Life...4 races completed, 9 to go!!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment