Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

FOUND!!!

I have been MIA for far too long. I have written hundreds of post in my head. Unfortunately the recorder in my head is broken and wont rewind my thoughts. That would be totally awesome and completely scary if we could really recall verbatim our thoughts to print out!

I am still running. Yay! This Saturday is my 1st 5k. I am nervous, excited, and sick at my stomach. The weather is cooling off. That is very good! The race is local. I will know a lot of the runners personally and from the SuperMAHAN 5K.

Jeff and I took a vacation at the end of August for our 15th wedding anniversary. We went to Colorado Springs. It was wonderful. We ate a wonderful restaurants, our favorite was The Famous Steakhouse. Yum Yum Yum! Pikes Peak was awesome and amazing. I felt a little woozy that high but Jeff was really woozy. I think it had to do with his asthma. Seven Falls was fabulous. I loved the waterfalls. Garden of the Gods was nice. The hot air balloon festival was so fun.Royal Gorge was nice. We flew in Thursday evening and left Monday morning. We were gone by 6:30 every morning and did not get back to the hotel til 9 or 10 at night. We really enjoyed ourselves and plan to take the kids next summer.


Cade had day surgery on his neck. It was called a Z plasty. Surgery went great and recovery was fabulous. He has an appointment in a couple of weeks and if things go well he will not have another appointment for 6 months. He is playing football. Yay! He plays just about every down. They have a small team, usually on 2 extra players on the side lines. He also had his 2nd set of braces put on in September. He should be able to take them off in 2 years. He had shown T-Bone in 3 shows in the past 6 weeks. They are both great.

Whitney is always Whitney. No complaints from her. She is loving middle school. She is playing the flute in the band. It amazes me that in such a short time, she has went from making noise to making music. She  is really enjoying band. Her commercial heifer, Flo, has been puttering along. Then BAM, Flo started eating like a cow on death row...hahaha. The county show and sale is in a week. They are both ready. Whitney has decided that she wants to show pigs now. She decided a long time ago but I just relented. She is getting 2 in 4-6 weeks. She is already in love with the pigs. She pig sat for some neighbors and was in hog heaven.
I will try my hardest to post more often.

Listen to Me, Life...Sometimes I am busy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment