Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!

I know, I know it has been several days since my last post. It has been a very busy week. I found out a very dear friend's mother was diagnosed with cancer. She is such a sweet lady and my whole family loves her. Her grandson and Cade have been great friends since kindergarten. Please keep her in your prayers!

We are also 3 days away from the SuperMAHAN 5K & Kid Fun Run in Honey Grove. I am so nervous and excited! This will be the 2nd SuperMAHAN 5K. A very special teacher, Jynna Duarte, came up with the idea last year to help with Cade's medical expenses. It was so heartwarming to see the school and community come together to support Cade and our family. This event is also very close to my heart because it was the 1st event that Cade "participated" in after the leaving the hospital and Ronald McDonald House of Dallas. He rode in the golf cart with Mrs. Duarte, then ran across the finish line with Brianna Cravens, super sweet girl! We are continuing the 5k as a scholarship program for a Honey Grove Senior Athlete and to help others who have been severely burned. I will let everyone know how the event goes next week.

I am very proud to say that even though I did not make time for my blog in the last week, I did continue my Couch to 5k program. I love, love, love the program. I wake up on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday excited and energized. On Tuesday and Thursday, I will walk or swim. I may need to repeat this next sentence. "I look forward to my running days! I really do look forward to my running days!" Did I really just day that? Yes, I did. I have found myself running extra laps at the track. Is this really me?

This is week 4 out of 9. I have been trying to concentrate on little things every day. Last week, I was focused on my breathing. This week, I have been working on my posture. When Cade was in occupational therapy, our wonderful therapist Marie, was constantly working on his posture. He would keep his right shoulder up by his ear. I cannot count the times that I said "Keep your shoulder down.". I make an effort to keep my shoulders relaxed when I run and keep my head up. I breathe in deeply through my nose and blow out through my mouth without raising my shoulders. Technically, I may be doing everything wrong for a runner. Yes, I said runner because I am a runner. These little things keep me focused. I am not constantly thinking how may minutes til this is done. I like that feeling. I like running an extra lap.

Listen to ME, Life.......I like running! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment