Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Home Cookin'

I have come to the dreaded realization that in order to eat more healthy, I will have to cook more. Ugh!!! Really? I have never been a cook, I have never wanted to be a cook. That may be part of the reason that I have extra padding. Although, it has been a "couple" of years since I was in school, I don't remember learning about nutrition in any high school or college class. I know the food groups and that you have to eat more fruits, veggies, and lean meats than sweets. That is about it. I have been reading and researching a lot. These are some of the things I have found out so far.

1. You need a degree in math to solve how many calories, fat, etc are in a recipe.
2. Most foods have WAY more calories, fat, etc. in them than you think
3. Some calories are simply empty calories.
4. 1 can of coke has like 20 packets of sugar and I am glad I stopped drinking cokes in January.
5. Divide your weight by 2, that is how many ounces of water you should drink per day.
6. When you drink that much water per day,  you pee all night.
7. Don't buy junk food and you won't have junk food to eat at home.
8. Cade loves raspberries, and I have only eaten 1 raspberry in the last month.
9. Fruit is good but has lots of natural sugar.
10. Frozen is sometimes as good as fresh.
11. Lots of people think cattle producers/ranchers are inhumane to their animals. Our herd, though small, is babied. Our show calves have 4 - 6 fans plus water misters in their barn.
12. Everyone should thank a farmer  EVERY DAY!
13. Coconut milk has more calcium that cow's milk.
14. Whitney had a great 1st garden with cantaloupe that is AH-MAZING!!!
15. Spaghetti and Meatballs from the Olive Garden has like 1110 calories and 50 plus grams of fat and I will still order it and love it and not feel guilty!

Lots of different blogs about weight loss, have before and after pictures of their weight loss. They also have their before weight and after weight. These are usually the blogs that I like the most. I have been debating whether I should do this. This is my compromise. I will post a picture but I will not post a weight number. Hopefully, lots of people I don't know will read my blog and  a total stranger knowing your weight is a lot different than friends and family having access to that number.

Before May 27, 2011                                                                                        After July 27, 2012

Listen to ME, Life...Buy a calculator to keep in the kitchen. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment