Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

SuperMAHAN 5K

Whew...what a whirlwind the last 5 days have been? Last Thursday, was my day off of running. I should have went walking but I didn't. I had a migraine that killed me. Usually, I can sleep a migraine off but not this one. I slept a lot of the day and stayed in a dark room. I had planned to go swimming to get a little exercise but I still had a headache that evening.Then I had to pick up the 5k shirts. I went to sleep fairly early and woke up Friday morning refreshed.

Friday morning, I was ready to go. I had to finish all the last minute details. I finished my C25K week 4 day 3. It was wonderful. I was a little worried that I would have trouble since I had such a rough Thursday. The kids and I went to Paris to take care of some details. We delivered some shirts in Honey Grove. I made up goodie bags. It was so fun. I was stressed beyond belief. I wanted everything to go perfect and I was out of my element. I stayed up late trying to think of anything I would need the next day.

THE BIG DAY...I was frazzled. I felt lost. Remember this was only the 3rd 5K I had ever attended, much less been in charge of directing. Plus this was an event that was very personal and close to my heart. Things went very, very well. There were a few things that I will do differently next year. I heard lots of good things from runners, walkers, and spectators. Cade finished 3rd in his age division. Whitney was such a big help with the preparations. She ran the Fun Run. One of the biggest compliments, came from Brianna. Such a sweet girl! I am already thinking and planning for next year.


Right before the start!



Sunday was a lazy day at home. Lazy in Jeff's terms means you get up at 7am instead of 5am. Jeff and the kids worked on the poolhouse while I went to the grocery store. Yuck!!! I bought some salmon to cook on the grill. We have tried to cook salmon before but it did not turn out well out all. I wrapped it in foil sprinkled with lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It was delicious. We also had chicken and steak kabobs. The purple onions were fabulous. It was a lazy day with grilling, yard work, and swimming. My favorite kind of day!!!


Week 5!!! I am so excited. Run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5 plus the warm up and cool down. I am still in awe that it has been having this type of effect on me! Now, I am on to my next challenge...nutrition. I am an emotional eater, plus I don't think I have one of those fast metabolisms. My metabolism is like Driving Miss Daisy, slow, slow, slow! I wish  that I knew more about nutrition.What should I eat? What should I avoid? Like everything else, I will find what works for me by reading, experimenting, and trial and error. Willpower is going to be my new best friend. Healthy choices. I made healthy choices at the grocery store strawberries, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, salmon, and chicken. I even made a healthy choice by going to the fridge to eat some raspberries...Cade made that healthy choice too. They were gone.


Listen to ME, Life....Buy extra raspberries!!!








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment